With TV season finales airing all this month, expect some characters to come back next season as different people—figuratively speaking, of course. Or, literally speaking in regard to Boy Meets World having two different actors play Morgan Matthews and three different actors play Topanga Lawrence’s father. Here are the six biggest TV character transformations.
Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation
Played by Amy Poehler
One of the most influential females on TV, the goofy Season 1 Leslie Knope wildly differs from the empowering (and waffle-loving) Knope we now know and love. In Season 1, she appears as the female equivalent to Michael Scott, giving goofy hand gestures and falling into a pit. Over the course of the rest of the series, her Pawnee pride emerges as she enters local politics (and makes friendship quilts!) Nowadays, Leslie Knope fits in a conversation with Michelle Obama and Ruth Bader Ginsberg. As she should.
- Ink shoes Summer Sandals Female Thick with Square Head Plaid Bow with A Small Medium Female High Heels
- Queenfoot Women's Low Chunky Heel Square Toe Genuine Suede Leather Elegant Style Comfort Dress Pump shoes
- AmoonyFashion Women's Frosted Round-Toe Solid Low-Top Kitten-Heels Boots, BUSXT127615
- Disposable SPA Slippers Non-Skid Closed Toe Unisex Linen Slippers For Home Hotel Guest Or Commercial Use,G,60Pair
- Thalia Sodi TS35 Tibby Rhinestone Embellished T-Strap Wedges, White, 7 US
- Amblers Safety Mens FS188N Lightweight Lace up Safety Trainer Grey Size UK 6 EU 39
- New Balance Men's M1080BY5 Neutral Running shoes Green
- French Sole FS NY Womens Wyatt Ballet Flat
- Fiesso by Aurelio Garcia FI-7101 Red Rhinestones Over Red Suede Slip on Loafer - European shoes Designs
- GAOLIXIA Men's Mesh Breathable Sneakers Summer Casual Sport shoes Non-Slip Outdoor Hiking shoes Fitness shoes Lightweight Walking Running Trainers
- ZJ Men's shoes,Pu Fall,Comfort High-Top Sneakers,Fashion Athletic shoes,Casual Running shoes,Personality Walking shoes,Socks shoes,Outdoor
- Oudan Flying science and technology shoes Loose trend Lightweight shoes breathable for men (color Red, Size 44)
- Adidas Performance Pureboost LTD Grey
- Vince Men's Novato Chukka Boot
- Navy Nubuck Rockport Womens Briah Asym Wedge Sandal
- LZWSMGS Suede High Heels Black Burgundy Women's Sandals Tip Suede 34-40cm Ladies Sandals (color Burgundy, Size 6 US)
- 2019 Sandals Women Hollow Out Summer shoes Buckle Fashion Casual Sandals Beach Flat shoes Woman
- Ailj Water shoes, Women's Quick-Drying Diving shoes Soft Non-Slip Running shoes Suitable for Swimming Wading Red
- Insun Paint Low Rain Boots for Women Ankle
- Gusha Women's high Heels Open Toe Shallows shoes with Dress high Heel Sandals
- Unlimited energy Women Pu Leather Big Shoulder Bag Purse Handbag Tote Bags
- MEIZOKEN Womens Open Toe Platform Sandal Crisscross Ankle Strap Chunky High Heels Party Dress Pump Sandals
- Women Winter Thigh High Boots Comfortable Stretch Elastic Over The Knee Fashion High Heels Long Boots
- AdeeSu Womens Square Heels Chunky Heels Pointed-Toe Imitated Suede Boots SXE04186
- Skechers Womens Ladies Go Run 400 Lace Up Sneakers Trainers
- Xiaolin Boots for Women Ankle Winter Low Heel Western Side Zipper Solid color Fashion Bow Martin Boots (color Black, Size US7.5 EU38 UK5.5 CN38)
- Nine West Women's Astoria 9X9 Pumps
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Hi Top Black Monochrome Canvas Size M13
- Bates Men's Lites Leather Oxford, Black, 9 D
- Women's shoes, Rhinestone Printing Piggyback Sexy Deep Mouth Single shoes Ladies 2019 New Leather Pointed Fine Heel High Heels,B,34
- MBT Women's Barabara Sneaker Black
- Men's Running shoes Low Trekking Leisure Travel Anti-skid Fitness Gym Sports Outdoor shoes Climbing Walking Hiking shoes
- MTNG Men Sports shoes 84138 C42646 Marino
- Diadora Unisex Adults' 701.173539_30040 Safety shoes
- Unisex Breathable Mesh Flying Weaving Sports shoes Elasticity shoes Mouth Set of Feet Cozy Running shoes Fitness Jogging Hiking Sneakers, Student, Black
- White (Star White T1015-pr012) DIESEL shoes Men's S-astico Low Lace Trainers, Black T8013-Pr012 12 UK
Ben Chang on Community
Played by Ken Jeong
While my mind still can’t fully grasp that Donald Glover, Alison Brie, and Joel McHale were all on a TV show together, I am as baffled with Ben Chang’s transformation. He changes from an unstable Spanish teacher to a Greendale student that gets bitten by a monkey and is living in the air vents. Chang’s kookiness makes Seinfeld’s Kramer look normal. After all, there’s something genius about a coffee table book of coffee tables, but faking your own type of amnesia? That’s straight up Ben Chang.
Ryan Howard on The Office
Played by B.J. Novak
Ryan was merely known as the “Fire Guy” and Michael Scott’s crush at Dunder Mifflin in the first season of The Office. Over the course of the series he gets promoted to Vice President of the company, gets sent to prison, becomes a drug addict, and inexplicably bleaches his hair. He went from a second-rate Jim Halpert to an employee that only Kelly Kapoor (and Michael Scott) could love.
Jan Levinson on The Office
Played by Melora Hardin
Just as Ryan became an irrational, comedic character at Dunder Mifflin, Vice President of the company and Michael’s ex-girlfriend Jan Levinson did as well (but even more). Famous Jan moments include her scented candle business, her fascination with her assistant Hunter, and recording a Doris Day cover album. And to think this character transformation began all with a beach trip to Sandals Resorts Jamaica.
Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World
Played by Danielle Fishel
Though most characters change from “normal” to “weird” on TV shows, Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World has the opposite transformation. After all, you know if she was intended to be Cory Matthews’ long-term love interest, her name would be Erica or Ashley, not Topanga. She goes from a hippie that performs an interpretive dance titled “Donut in the Sky” to a bookworm perfectionist. Personally, I think Cory, famously known for having a poster of celery, would be fine with either Topanga.
Eric Matthews on Boy Meets World
Played by Will Friedle
Since Boy Meet World’s strange character became normal, another person on the show needs to take that role. Enter Eric Matthews: the cool older brother from Season 1. Over the series, he catches the curtains on fire, hides in the couch, and calls himself “Kyle.” Most bizarrely, Eric appears as a bearded hermit named “Plays with Squirrels” at an imaginary high school reunion. Who would imagine a popular baseball player would transform into this comedic character? But, I’m here for it. The only lasting trait throughout is the everlasting “Fee-hee-hee-hee-nay” call.
Any characters missing from the list? And no, Pam Beesly making better style choices in later seasons of The Office doesn’t count.