With TV season finales airing all this month, expect some characters to come back next season as different people—figuratively speaking, of course. Or, literally speaking in regard to Boy Meets World having two different actors play Morgan Matthews and three different actors play Topanga Lawrence’s father. Here are the six biggest TV character transformations.
Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation
Played by Amy Poehler
One of the most influential females on TV, the goofy Season 1 Leslie Knope wildly differs from the empowering (and waffle-loving) Knope we now know and love. In Season 1, she appears as the female equivalent to Michael Scott, giving goofy hand gestures and falling into a pit. Over the course of the rest of the series, her Pawnee pride emerges as she enters local politics (and makes friendship quilts!) Nowadays, Leslie Knope fits in a conversation with Michelle Obama and Ruth Bader Ginsberg. As she should.
- gold Women's Pointed High Heel Sand Drag Fish Mouth Open Toe Non-Slip High Heel Beach Flip Flop Summer Sandals (Heel Height 12 cm)
- JaHGDU Fashion Women Low Knot Trimming Round Toe Knock Leather Boots Casual Martin shoes Sneakers Ladies Summer Autumn Spring shoes Fashion Girl Belts
- Artfaerie Womens Pointed Toe Wedge High Heel Pumps Sequin Glitter Heeled Dress Slip on Court shoes
- Aslipper Womens and Mens Summer Outdoor Water shoes Aqua Socks for Beach Swim Surf Yoga Exercise (S(W 5.5-6.5,M 5-5.5), Black2)
- AN Womens Wedges Wave Soles Imitated Suede Boots DKU02126
- Himalaya Nautical shoes M-2530 Brown - Brown, 40
- Rockport Men's Symon Oxford shoes
- Propet Men's Seeley Construction Boot, Dark Grey Black, 15 E US
- Black Black Asics Tiger - Mens Gel-Lique Sneakers
- Wedopus Women's MW643A Rhinestones and Pleating Closed Toe Satin High Heel Braidesmaid Pumps shoes
- David Tate Rudy Women's Sandal
- Women Sandals Fashion Tassel Summer shoes Women New Flat Sandals
- GIY Women's Platform Slide Sandals Open Toe Comfort colorful Butterfly Bohemian Summer Beach Wedge Sandals
- Adidas Women's Vanquish 4 Running shoes
- Bugatti Women Sandals Metallic, (Dark Grey) 431478845900-1100
- Vionic Women's Kirra Backstrap Sandal in Bronze Metallic
- MIA Womens Ellen Flat Sandal
- Stacy Adams Men's Sumner Oxford Grey
- shoesmaker's heart A Single Black Suede shoes with Pointed shoes Nightclub Sexy
- GIOSEPPO shoes Woman Low Sneakers with Internal Wedge 47654 Havre black
- Anthony Veer Mens Regan Oxford Wingtip Full Grain Wedding Dress Office Leather shoes Goodyear Welt
- Water shoes,shoes Men Breathable shoes Men Outdoor Summer Sport Sneakers Men Non-Slip Fishing shoes For Men Hiking Trainers
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star High Street Shield CVS Athletic shoes Size
- Men's shoes Carved Retro Leather Suits Casual shoes England Breathable shoes
- White Eithy Women's Shadd Stiletto Ankle-high Zipper Leather Boots
- My Delicious shoes Women's Shaky Synthetic Dress Black
- Forever Women's Aura-10 Faux Suede Lace-up Low Platform Ankle Boots
- Cambridge Select Women's Closed Round Toe Lace-up Perforated Star Print High Top Casual Sport Fashion Sneaker
- Reebok Men's Daytona DMX Fitness shoes
- Nike Air Vapormax Flyknit MOC 2 Men's shoes Moon Particle Solar Red ah7006-201
- Coshare Forever Swift-11 Women's Fashion Jelly Pu Platform Flatform Sandals
- AmoonyFashion Women's PU High-Heels Peep-Toe Solid Pull-on Sandals
- Somethingoods Women shoes Fashion Light Breathable Mesh Flat shoes Ladies Casual shoes Summer Woman Sneakers
- BERTERI Women's Round Toe Crude Heel Boot Side Zipper Booties
- MEIZOKEN Womens Sequins Flatform Sandals Fashion Bling Hook Loop Wedge Sandals Casual Summer Open Toe shoes
- Elegant Footwear Women's Peep Toe Extreme Platform High Heel Pumps Leopard Animial Prints Fashion shoes
- Hoxekle Women Over The Knee Boot Pointed Toe High Heel Fashion Printing Design Ankle Boots Winter Party Casual Boots
- Klogs Women's Salem shoes- Tawney Adored - Footwear Women's Footwear Women's
- Touch Ups Womens Micah Heeled Sandal
- Sport Sandals Sandals Summer Beach Roman shoes Fishing Breathable Casual shoes Outdoor Camping Slippers Non-Slip Walking Men's Sandals (color Black, Size 9UK 11US)
- Adidas Men's Response Running shoes Solar orange Hi Res Red Cloud White
- T-JULY Women Thick Heels bluee Denim Half Boots Lady Winter Short Plush Thick Warm Mid Calf Crystal Knight High Boots Plus Size 40 41 42
- ANTICA CUOIERIA Women's ANTIC19031R Black Leather Ankle Boots
- Fila Men Base Affair Low Trainers
- Hudson Men's Hader Calf Derbys
Ben Chang on Community
Played by Ken Jeong
While my mind still can’t fully grasp that Donald Glover, Alison Brie, and Joel McHale were all on a TV show together, I am as baffled with Ben Chang’s transformation. He changes from an unstable Spanish teacher to a Greendale student that gets bitten by a monkey and is living in the air vents. Chang’s kookiness makes Seinfeld’s Kramer look normal. After all, there’s something genius about a coffee table book of coffee tables, but faking your own type of amnesia? That’s straight up Ben Chang.
Ryan Howard on The Office
Played by B.J. Novak
Ryan was merely known as the “Fire Guy” and Michael Scott’s crush at Dunder Mifflin in the first season of The Office. Over the course of the series he gets promoted to Vice President of the company, gets sent to prison, becomes a drug addict, and inexplicably bleaches his hair. He went from a second-rate Jim Halpert to an employee that only Kelly Kapoor (and Michael Scott) could love.
Jan Levinson on The Office
Played by Melora Hardin
Just as Ryan became an irrational, comedic character at Dunder Mifflin, Vice President of the company and Michael’s ex-girlfriend Jan Levinson did as well (but even more). Famous Jan moments include her scented candle business, her fascination with her assistant Hunter, and recording a Doris Day cover album. And to think this character transformation began all with a beach trip to Sandals Resorts Jamaica.
Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World
Played by Danielle Fishel
Though most characters change from “normal” to “weird” on TV shows, Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World has the opposite transformation. After all, you know if she was intended to be Cory Matthews’ long-term love interest, her name would be Erica or Ashley, not Topanga. She goes from a hippie that performs an interpretive dance titled “Donut in the Sky” to a bookworm perfectionist. Personally, I think Cory, famously known for having a poster of celery, would be fine with either Topanga.
Eric Matthews on Boy Meets World
Played by Will Friedle
Since Boy Meet World’s strange character became normal, another person on the show needs to take that role. Enter Eric Matthews: the cool older brother from Season 1. Over the series, he catches the curtains on fire, hides in the couch, and calls himself “Kyle.” Most bizarrely, Eric appears as a bearded hermit named “Plays with Squirrels” at an imaginary high school reunion. Who would imagine a popular baseball player would transform into this comedic character? But, I’m here for it. The only lasting trait throughout is the everlasting “Fee-hee-hee-hee-nay” call.
Any characters missing from the list? And no, Pam Beesly making better style choices in later seasons of The Office doesn’t count.