With TV season finales airing all this month, expect some characters to come back next season as different people—figuratively speaking, of course. Or, literally speaking in regard to Boy Meets World having two different actors play Morgan Matthews and three different actors play Topanga Lawrence’s father. Here are the six biggest TV character transformations.
Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation
Played by Amy Poehler
One of the most influential females on TV, the goofy Season 1 Leslie Knope wildly differs from the empowering (and waffle-loving) Knope we now know and love. In Season 1, she appears as the female equivalent to Michael Scott, giving goofy hand gestures and falling into a pit. Over the course of the rest of the series, her Pawnee pride emerges as she enters local politics (and makes friendship quilts!) Nowadays, Leslie Knope fits in a conversation with Michelle Obama and Ruth Bader Ginsberg. As she should.
- gold Women's Pointed High Heel Sand Drag Fish Mouth Open Toe Non-Slip High Heel Beach Flip Flop Summer Sandals (Heel Height 12 cm)
- JaHGDU Fashion Women Low Knot Trimming Round Toe Knock Leather Boots Casual Martin shoes Sneakers Ladies Summer Autumn Spring shoes Fashion Girl Belts
- Artfaerie Womens Pointed Toe Wedge High Heel Pumps Sequin Glitter Heeled Dress Slip on Court shoes
- Aslipper Womens and Mens Summer Outdoor Water shoes Aqua Socks for Beach Swim Surf Yoga Exercise (S(W 5.5-6.5,M 5-5.5), Black2)
- AN Womens Wedges Wave Soles Imitated Suede Boots DKU02126
- Himalaya Nautical shoes M-2530 Brown - Brown, 40
- Rockport Men's Symon Oxford shoes
- Propet Men's Seeley Construction Boot, Dark Grey Black, 15 E US
- Black Black Asics Tiger - Mens Gel-Lique Sneakers
- Btrada Fashion Casual Women's Beach Slipper Summer Home Flat Flip Flops shoes Female Outdoor Sandals
- Aerosoles Womens Ship in Sneaker
- PUMA Unisex EASY RIDER Sneakers
- New S kechers Ladies' Go Walk shoes
- Women Mesh Air Breathable Wedges High Top shoes Ladies Casual Trainers Elevator High Heels shoes
- Roper Women's Short Stuff Western Boot
- Nine Seven Women's Comfort Platform shoes - Retro Handmade Floral Print Fashion Sneakers with shoeslaces
- Kamik Womens Momentum LO Boots
- Women's Running shoes Breathable Air Cushion Sneakers
- JAZBA ONEDRIVE 100 Cricket shoes for Men and Women I Light Weight Trainer for Outdoor Team Sports I Hard Rubber Stud for Speed and Traction Baseball Cleats Outdoor Running shoes Best Value for Money shoes
- Fly London Tute Camel Womens Sandals Size 36 EU
- INC International Co Randii Women US 12 bluee Sandals
- Kenneth Cole Reaction Mens GSMI Loafer with Square Toe Metallic LU Glide Slide Menswear Inspired Loafer with Square Toe Metallic Leather Upper
- KMJBS Men'S shoes Men'S Casual shoes Summer Shiny Leather Feet
- Crevo Men's Demarcon-Leather Fashion Boot
- Bungee Cord Merrell Women's Ashland Tie shoes
- WHW Women's Heel Flip Flops Sandals Party Evening Dress Casual Sandals,33,Apricot
- Slippers Summer Breathable EVA Mesh Flip Flop Beach Sandals Outdoor shoes Men Women Unisex Slip-On Lightweight Quick-Dry Garden Clog shoes
- HEMAY Women's Low Heel Work Combat Boots Waterproof Ankle Bootie
- ASICS Gel Kayano EVO Trainer shoes
- Nike Men's Vapor Untouchable 2 Football Cleat Black Anthracite Metallic Silver Size 10 M US
- Drew Toby Womens Pumps Fashion Patent Leather Shallow Mouth Pointed Toe Wedding High Heels
- Khombu Women's Dixie High-Top Snow Boot
- Women shoes Winter Genuine Leather Ankle Boot for Woman Warm Fur Lady Snow Boots Low,38
- Ollio Women's shoes Faux Suede Rhinestone Studs Ballet Flat
- Show Story Sexy Red Checkered Ankle Strap Open Toe Platform Stiletto Pump shoes,LF80107
- Gnarly Tees Women's Hockey Ugly Christ Sweater shoes High Top
- Sperry Top-Sider Women's A O 2 Eye
- Women's Sneakers New Spring Fashion Sports shoes Lace Up Low-Top Casual shoes Breathable Mesh Running shoes,B,38
- Clarks Women's Arla Shaylie Sandals
- Mountain Warehouse Field Mens Boots - Vibram All Season Walking shoes
- Sperry Womens Liberty pink Ankle Boot
- Womens Martin Boots Rivet Zipper Lace-Up Short Booties Motorcycle Boots
- Lane Boots Women's Yaretzi Tan
- Puma SPEED 500 IGNITE Men Running shoes
- CAMEL CROWN Mens Walking shoes Waterproof Breathable Hiking shoes Trainers Anti Slip Lightweight Footwear Sneakers for Outdoor Trekking Climbing Running
Ben Chang on Community
Played by Ken Jeong
While my mind still can’t fully grasp that Donald Glover, Alison Brie, and Joel McHale were all on a TV show together, I am as baffled with Ben Chang’s transformation. He changes from an unstable Spanish teacher to a Greendale student that gets bitten by a monkey and is living in the air vents. Chang’s kookiness makes Seinfeld’s Kramer look normal. After all, there’s something genius about a coffee table book of coffee tables, but faking your own type of amnesia? That’s straight up Ben Chang.
Ryan Howard on The Office
Played by B.J. Novak
Ryan was merely known as the “Fire Guy” and Michael Scott’s crush at Dunder Mifflin in the first season of The Office. Over the course of the series he gets promoted to Vice President of the company, gets sent to prison, becomes a drug addict, and inexplicably bleaches his hair. He went from a second-rate Jim Halpert to an employee that only Kelly Kapoor (and Michael Scott) could love.
Jan Levinson on The Office
Played by Melora Hardin
Just as Ryan became an irrational, comedic character at Dunder Mifflin, Vice President of the company and Michael’s ex-girlfriend Jan Levinson did as well (but even more). Famous Jan moments include her scented candle business, her fascination with her assistant Hunter, and recording a Doris Day cover album. And to think this character transformation began all with a beach trip to Sandals Resorts Jamaica.
Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World
Played by Danielle Fishel
Though most characters change from “normal” to “weird” on TV shows, Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World has the opposite transformation. After all, you know if she was intended to be Cory Matthews’ long-term love interest, her name would be Erica or Ashley, not Topanga. She goes from a hippie that performs an interpretive dance titled “Donut in the Sky” to a bookworm perfectionist. Personally, I think Cory, famously known for having a poster of celery, would be fine with either Topanga.
Eric Matthews on Boy Meets World
Played by Will Friedle
Since Boy Meet World’s strange character became normal, another person on the show needs to take that role. Enter Eric Matthews: the cool older brother from Season 1. Over the series, he catches the curtains on fire, hides in the couch, and calls himself “Kyle.” Most bizarrely, Eric appears as a bearded hermit named “Plays with Squirrels” at an imaginary high school reunion. Who would imagine a popular baseball player would transform into this comedic character? But, I’m here for it. The only lasting trait throughout is the everlasting “Fee-hee-hee-hee-nay” call.
Any characters missing from the list? And no, Pam Beesly making better style choices in later seasons of The Office doesn’t count.