With TV season finales airing all this month, expect some characters to come back next season as different people—figuratively speaking, of course. Or, literally speaking in regard to Boy Meets World having two different actors play Morgan Matthews and three different actors play Topanga Lawrence’s father. Here are the six biggest TV character transformations.
Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation
Played by Amy Poehler
One of the most influential females on TV, the goofy Season 1 Leslie Knope wildly differs from the empowering (and waffle-loving) Knope we now know and love. In Season 1, she appears as the female equivalent to Michael Scott, giving goofy hand gestures and falling into a pit. Over the course of the rest of the series, her Pawnee pride emerges as she enters local politics (and makes friendship quilts!) Nowadays, Leslie Knope fits in a conversation with Michelle Obama and Ruth Bader Ginsberg. As she should.
- Katy Perry Womens The Fuzz Sneaker
- GTVERNH Women's shoes Lace Cloth Pointed Thin Heel High-Heeled shoes 7Cm Women's Boots Wine Cup Heels Short Boots Fashion Boots Women's shoes Fashion
- Laredo Women's Paprika Western Boot
- Skechers for Work Blais-Athol Steel Toe Hiking shoes
- Men's Comfort Loafers Leather Fall Comfort Loafers & Slip-Ons Black bluee Light Brown Dark Brown,A,38
- Havaianas Womens Slim Bridal Snow White Sandal
- La Sportiva Men's FC ECO 2.0 GTX Hiking shoes
- Geox - Annya - D92CLA00043C9999
- Skechers Mens Marauder Mershon Marauder Mershon
- LOVDRAM Men'S shoes Autumn And Winter Help Students Street Men'S shoes Fashion Wild Sports shoes Men
- Reebok Men's Fusium Lite Trail Running shoes
- Men's Moccasin shoes with Hand Stitched Leather Slip-On Casual shoes Loafers On Foot Flat Boat shoes Driving shoes Large Size
- Red Patent Pu Cambridge Select Women's Pointed Toe Crisscross Strappy Dress Wedge
- GIY Women's Lightweight Walking shoes Slip-on Breathable Mesh Casual Sport Running shoes Fashion Sneakers
- KEEN Men's Versavent Hiking Boot
- Women's Real Fox Fur Feather Vegan Leather Open Toe Slipper Single Strap Slip On Sandals
- Women's shoes Women Pumps Thin High Heels shoes Shallow Patchwork Stilettos Footwear shoes shoes Femme A424
- NOMIMAS Women's Warm Slippers Stereo Ear Soft Plush Non-Slip shoes Comfortable Indoor Home Ladies Footwear
- OLIVIA K Women's Block Low Mid Heel Open Toe Sparkling Glitter Rhinestone Dress Sandal Slides Slipper
- Women Beach Sandals Flat shoes Woman Fringe Rome Platform Sandals Lace Up Fashion Footwear
- AmoonyFashion Women's Zipper Open Toe Kitten Heels Cow Leather Assorted color Sandals
- Palladium Womens Pallabrouse Baggy pink Canvas shoes 9 US
- Converse Unisex Chuck Taylor All Star Ox Low Top Classic Navy Sneakers - 12 B(M) US Women 10 D(M) US Men
- Avarca Pons Classic Style Women
- Diadora Womens Maracana L W Soccer shoes
- Clarks Mens Cotrell Style Oxfords
- The small cat Brand Genuine Leather Men Sandals Summer Casual Men Flat Breathable Leather Sandals
- Earth Alina Women's Slip On Platinum
- Women Over-The-Knee Boots Super High Round Toe Thin Heels shoes Elegant Ladies Plus Size Long Boot
- Adidas Women’s Advantage Adapt Trainers, Bianco (Footwear White Footwear White Bold Green)
- Coral Pu Cambridge Select Women's Round Toe Buckled Ankle Strap Wrapped Wedge
- IOJHOIJOIJOIJMO Sexy PVC Transparent Boots Sandals Peep Toe shoes Clear Chunky Heels Sandals Women Boots 11Cm
- TBS Men’s Brokey- Open Toe Sandals Black
- Men'S Loafers One Legged Men'S shoes Pointed shoes Thick Soled Comfortable shoes Brogues Casual shoes Single shoes
- Converse Unisex Adults’ 141602CS High Trainers
- KEEN 1002426, Men’s Sports shoes
- Black (Black 574) New Balance Men's's 574 Trainers
- Women's Knitted Cotton Slippers Memory Foam Outdoor House shoes Washable Anti-Slip House Slippers
- Naturalizer ARIELLE E8950F1001 Black Fabric (8.5 Wide)
- SUNNY Store Women's Suede Waterproof Lace Up Winter High Top Snow Boots
- WeenFashion Women's Pointed Closed Toe Low Top Low Heels Solid Pu Boots
- STARFARM Women's Memory Foam Slippers Comfort Slip On House shoes Anti-Slip Clog Slipper French Terry Lining Indoor shoes
- Material Girl Women's Elation Boot
- Gedigits Women Flats Platform Spring Autumn Lace Up shoes Female Fashion Casual shoes Beige 7 M US
- Rockport Womens Tm Zandra Slingback Wedge Sandal
Ben Chang on Community
Played by Ken Jeong
While my mind still can’t fully grasp that Donald Glover, Alison Brie, and Joel McHale were all on a TV show together, I am as baffled with Ben Chang’s transformation. He changes from an unstable Spanish teacher to a Greendale student that gets bitten by a monkey and is living in the air vents. Chang’s kookiness makes Seinfeld’s Kramer look normal. After all, there’s something genius about a coffee table book of coffee tables, but faking your own type of amnesia? That’s straight up Ben Chang.
Ryan Howard on The Office
Played by B.J. Novak
Ryan was merely known as the “Fire Guy” and Michael Scott’s crush at Dunder Mifflin in the first season of The Office. Over the course of the series he gets promoted to Vice President of the company, gets sent to prison, becomes a drug addict, and inexplicably bleaches his hair. He went from a second-rate Jim Halpert to an employee that only Kelly Kapoor (and Michael Scott) could love.
Jan Levinson on The Office
Played by Melora Hardin
Just as Ryan became an irrational, comedic character at Dunder Mifflin, Vice President of the company and Michael’s ex-girlfriend Jan Levinson did as well (but even more). Famous Jan moments include her scented candle business, her fascination with her assistant Hunter, and recording a Doris Day cover album. And to think this character transformation began all with a beach trip to Sandals Resorts Jamaica.
Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World
Played by Danielle Fishel
Though most characters change from “normal” to “weird” on TV shows, Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World has the opposite transformation. After all, you know if she was intended to be Cory Matthews’ long-term love interest, her name would be Erica or Ashley, not Topanga. She goes from a hippie that performs an interpretive dance titled “Donut in the Sky” to a bookworm perfectionist. Personally, I think Cory, famously known for having a poster of celery, would be fine with either Topanga.
Eric Matthews on Boy Meets World
Played by Will Friedle
Since Boy Meet World’s strange character became normal, another person on the show needs to take that role. Enter Eric Matthews: the cool older brother from Season 1. Over the series, he catches the curtains on fire, hides in the couch, and calls himself “Kyle.” Most bizarrely, Eric appears as a bearded hermit named “Plays with Squirrels” at an imaginary high school reunion. Who would imagine a popular baseball player would transform into this comedic character? But, I’m here for it. The only lasting trait throughout is the everlasting “Fee-hee-hee-hee-nay” call.
Any characters missing from the list? And no, Pam Beesly making better style choices in later seasons of The Office doesn’t count.